* November 1, 1956: Telangana merged with the Andhra state to form Andhra Pradesh. Telangana acquired its identity as the Telugu-speaking region of the princely state of Hyderabad, ruled by the Nizam of Hyderabad
* The splitting of a state into two in spite of the fact that the people in both states speak the same language is a first for the Indian Union.
* June 2, 2014 Telangana formally comes into existence. K Chandrasekhar Rao takes oath as the state's first chief minister. Telangana (meaning 'Land of Telugus') was the 29th state of india.
* The Hyderābād state pronunciation was located in the south-central region of the Indian subcontinent, and was ruled, from 1724 until 1948, by a hereditary Nizam. The capital city was Hyderabad. The region became part of the Mughal Empire in the 1680s.
* Telangana is situated on deccan plateau and borders chattisgarh, odisha, andhra pradesh, karnataka and maharashtra.
* Godavari is a sacred river which flows through this state and is also called Dakshin ganga. Another river named Krishna too is in the region.
* During its history, Telangana was governed by many rulers, including the Satavahana dynasty (230 BCE to 220 CE), the Kakatiya Dynasty (1083–1323), the Musunuri Nayaks (1326–1356) the Delhi Sultanate, the Bahmani Sultanate (1347–1512), Qutb Shahi dynasty (1512–1687), Mughal Empire (1687–1724) and Asaf Jahi Dynasty (1724–1948).
* Telangana consists of ten districts, namely, Hyderabad, Adilabad, Khammam, Karimnagar, Mahbubnagar, Medak, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Rangareddy and Warangal.