* The State of Tamil Nadu is the lies in the southern most part of Indian Peninsula and is bordered by the union territory of Pondicherry, and the states of Kerala, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh.
* Chennai (Formerly madras ) is the capital of Tamil Nadu. Madurai is one of the oldest cities in Tamil Nadu situated 480 Kilometers from Chennai. Madurai is also known as the temple city as there will be a temple at least 100 years old in every corner around the heart of Madurai.
* Tamil is official language in India, Singapore and Sri Lanka.
* Tamil Nadu is often referred to as 'a land of temples' and Tamils are proud of the religious traditions and follow them strictly. The Tamils have been the greatest of temple builders and its rulers have always been the patrons of art and architecture including the Pallavas, Cholas and the Pandyas.
* The World's First Granite Temple is the Brihadeswara temple at Tanjavur in Tamil Nadu. The shikhara is made from a single ' 80-tonne ' piece of granite. Also, this magnificient temple was built in just five years, (between 1004 AD and 1009 AD) during the reign of Rajaraja Chola.
* It is a land mostly known for its classical form of dance Bharata Natyam. Bharatanatyam is thought to have been created by Bharata Muni, a Hindu sage, who wrote the Natya Shastra, the most important ancient treatise on classical Indian dance. In ancient times it was performed in Hindu temples by Devadasis. In this form, it as also been called sadir or chinna melam.
* As per Shiva Purana, there are 12 Jyotirlinga temples in India. Among them, one is at Rameshwaram, Tamilnadu
* Chicken 65 was invented in Chennai. The famous Buhari hotel, introduced it in 1965 and hence the '65' in it's name.
* The famous tourist’s places in Tamil Nadu are Madras, Mahabalipuram, Kanchipuram, Pondicherry, and Madurai etc.
* Widely celebrated festival in Tamil Nadu is Pongal or Tamizhar Thirunaal or Makar Sakranti. Other festivals also celebrated like Deapavali, Krishna Jayanthi, Eid-ul-Fitr, Good Friday etc.
* Marina Beach(which is in tamilnadu) is the second longest beach in the world, after Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro.