* Sikkim means new house in Limbu language.
* Gangtok is the capital of sikkim.
* Sikkim is a state located in himalayan Mountains. It is surrounded by Nepal, China’s Tibet Autonomous Region, Bhutan and West Bengal.
* Sikkim the 2nd smallest state in india. It is created on 16th May 1975. Sikkim is the only state in India where most of the people have their origin from a different region i.e. Nepal.
* In 1975, the Prime Minister of Sikkim appealed to Indian Parliament to change the status of Sikkim so that it could became a state of India. Hence on 16 May 1975, Sikkim officially became part of india as 22nd state.
* Aritar Lake, Borong, Borong Ralong Hot Spring, Baba Harbhajan Singh Memorial Temple, Bakthang Waterfalls, Buddha Park etc. are the important places to visit.