* Rajasthan the land of Rajasthanis i.e "the land of kings", is the largest state of the Republic of India by area.
* Rajasthan is located in the northwest of India. It encompasses most of the area of the large, inhospitable Great Indian Desert, which has an edge paralleling the Sutlej-Indus river valley along its border with Pakistan. It is surrounded by Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab.
* Jaipur is its Capital City founded by the king Sawai Jai Singh II on 18th November 1727. It was planned by a Bengali architect and scholar Purohit Vidhyadhar Bhattacharya, whose descendents still live in the city. Jaipur is also known as the “Pink City”. Other cities Udaipur is white, Jodhpur is blue and Jhalawar is purple in colour. (people generally paint their houses with those colours traditionally)
* Rajasthan has 2 National Tiger Reserves: Ranthambore and Sariska Tiger Reserve.
* The Aravalis are the oldest mountain range in India, even older than the Himalayas.
* The ancient city of Mandore, about 10 kms north of Jodhpur, is believed to have been the hometown of Mandodari, the chief wife of the demon king Ravana of Lanka, who was killed by Lord Ram.
* The Thar Desert is the largest desert in India and the world’s 18th largest sub-tropical desert in the world.
* Present day Rajasthan was formed on 30th March, 1949 by merger of 22 kingdoms and principalities into a single geographic entity. (after british empire)
* Many UNESCO World Heritage Sites like Keoladeo Bird Sanctury - Bharatpur and Jantar Mantar - jaipur. Six forts - Kumbhalgarh Fort, Chittorgarh Fort, Ranthambore Fort, Amer Fort, Jaisalmer Fort and Gagaron Fort - Jhalawar are located in Rajasthan.
* Was part of Indus valley civilization. Excavations at Kalibangan, a town in the Hanumangarh district, about 200 kms from Bikaner have revealed artifacts dating back to the ancient civilisation along with the discovery of ploughed fields, probably the world’s earliest ones.
* The walls of Kumbhalgarh Fort extend to 36 kms and will give your feel of Great Wall of China.
* There are numerous tourist spots in Rajasthan. Its one of the favourite state for foreign tourist in india along with Goa and kerela.