* Punjab (Panjab) is a state in an india state located north west of india.
* In 1947, with the dissolution of British India, the region was partitioned between India and Pakistan. After partition of india majority of western region of punjab went with pakistan.
* Punjab is bordered by the Indian states of Himachal Pradesh to the east, Haryana to the south and southeast, Rajasthan to the southwest, and the Pakistani province of Punjab to the west.
* Punjab is also called land of five rivers. Five rivers include Beas, Sutlej, Ravi, Chenab and Jhelum. The name of the region is a compound of two Persian words Panj (five) and ab (water) and was introduced to the region by the Turko-Persian conquerors.
* Sikism originated in Punjab. 60% of its population are Sikh.
* Punjabi is the 10th most spoken language in the world.
* Major tourist destinations include Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh,Sheesh Mahal, Gurudwara Kiratpur Sahib, Gurudwara Anandpur Sahib, Wagah Border