* Bhubaneswar, the capital city was the home of over 600 magnificent temples in medieval times. It is called the “temple city” of India. The only city in the world with such highest number of temples inside
* The oldest rocks (from Mayurbhanj) date back to 3 billion years is found in Odisha.
* Jagannath temple is one among char dham considered in India. Puri Jagannath temple having largest kitchen in world that serve 10000 peoples to 1000000 people based on different occasion.
* Hirakud Dam, the fourth largest in the world, is situated at Sambalpur Western Odisha.
* Odisha – highest producer of hematite ore. Odisha has 25% of Hematite ore of India.
* Odissi dance, the pride of Odia culture is one of the oldest surviving dance form of India.
* Chilika Lake - the biggest brackish water lake and the largest coastal lagoon in India. It is home to abundant numbers of the shy, elusive and critically endangered Irrawady Dolphins. It also hosts thousands of migratory birds every winter, who travel from as far as Siberia, apart from having hundreds of species of local birds.
* Bhitarkanika National Park is home to the largest crocodiles in the world - the massive Salt Water Crocodiles which can grow upto 27 ft in length. There are only two white crocodile specimen in India found here. A 23-feet giant Estuarine crocodile in Odisha has been crowned the world’s largest.
* World’s largest egg, with approximate dimension of 13 inches and width of 9.5 inches is of the gigantic herbivorous flightless elephant bird (zoologically termed as Aepyornis maximus) that lived last till 1650 AD, is preserved at Regional Museum of Natural History, Bhubaneswar.
* Nandan Kanan is one of the largest zoo in India that get first International recognization.It is the only zoo having white tiger Safari.
* The Chandipur Beach is a hide and seek beach of Odisha that appears and disappears with every high and low tide to approximately 5 kms.
* World’s highest electrified track ( at a height of 7.45 metres for running of Double Stack Container (DSC) goods trains ) is situated at Odisha in Jakhapura-Daitari section. Constructed by East Coast Railway of Odisha. Second to this is in China is 6.6 metre and 7.1 metre in USA.