* Meghalaya is home to Garo, khasi and jaintia tribes since ancient times.
* During partition of bengal in 1905, meghalaya become part of east bengal and assam. During 1912 it become part of assam provice. Meghalaya gained autonomy on 2nd april 1970 and became a state on 21st jan 1972. The capital city of Meghalaya is Shillong. Shillong is a beautiful Hill Station in India.
* Meghalaya means "abode of the cloud" and is also known as "scotland of the east".
* Meghalaya borders with assam state and bangladesh.
* With an explored length of 30,957 metres (101,565 ft), Krem Liat Prah in Jaintia Hills is the longest cave in Meghalaya, as well as India, and is listed among the longest caves in the world. Krem Liat Prah contains a huge passage called the "Aircraft Hangar."
* Nohkaliaki falls is a very famous falls of meghalaya.
* The Cherrapunji town in Khasi hill holds the world record of most rainfall in a calendar month. Meghalaya is among the wetest places in the world.
* Nongkrem Dance, Wangala and Behdienkhlam are the major festivals in Meghalaya.