* Maharashtra is the third largest state in India by area. Maharashtra borders with Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, and Karnataka.
* The State Of Maharashtra Was Formed On 1st May, 1960
* India’s Financial Capital Mumbai is Located in Maharashtra. Mumbai is the headquarters of many large companies in India.
* Maharashtra contributes 25% of indias industrial output. Maharashtra is one of the most industrialized states in India.
* Maharashtra is the centre of Hindi movies. Most of film stars lives in Maharashtra especially in Mumbai.
* The first train in india (including asia) was started in Maharashtra between Mumbai and Thane on April 16, 1853.
* Nashik district of Maharashtra is the biggest market for Onions in the world and produces almost half of the world’s onions every year
* The Rankala Lake In Kolhapur Is Considered To Be The Oldest Lake In Maharashtra.
* Lonar Lake is a saline soda lake located at Lonar in Buldhana district, Maharashtra, India, which was created by a meteor impact during the Pleistocene Age. It is theorised that the chemical constituents of the meteor along with the regional soil, give the lake both saline and alkaline properties at different points.