* Madhya Pradesh is situated in the central region of India hence central land. (Madhya means central) The Border States are Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. The total land area of Madhya Pradesh is 308,252 sq. km. Madhya Pradesh holds 2nd rank in area wise.
* The capital of Madhya Pradesh is Bhopal. Indore is its Largest City. Imporant cities include Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur and Gwalior.
* Mowgli a cartoon character is actually a real life character from Pench Tiger Reserve, Madhya pradesh. Rudyard Kipling was awarded the first noble prize for literature in 1907 for his brilliant work, which includes the jungle book.
* Madhya Pradesh has the largest reserves of diamond and copper in India as Madhya Pradesh is rich in mineral resources.
* The state was created in 1956. Later on in 2000 chattisgarh state got carved out of Madhya pradesh.
* Narmada river originates in MP. It is also called Reva or Mekal Kanya is one of the three rivers that flows from east to west. It is one of the five most sacred rivers of India, apart from Ganga, Yamuna, Godavari and Kaveri. Narmada river valley is rich in Dinosaur and human fossils.
* Father of Hindustani classical music, Tansen was from Behat near Gwalior, MP. He was born in Brahmin Pandey family. One who managed compete with Tansen in music competition was Baiju Bawra. Baiju Bawra was born in Chanderi District of Madhya Pradesh.
* Geographical Central Point of India: Geographical central point of India lies in Karondi village, around 87 km from Jabalpur.