* Kerela is loation in South West tip of the India main land bordering Tamil Nadu in the east and Karnataka in north. Capital of kerela is Thiruvananthapuram (Trivendrum)
* Kerela was formed in 1 November 1956.
* In between the high Western Ghats on the east and the Arabian sea on the west, the width of the state varies from 35 km to 120 km.
* Sex ratio, gdp, litracy rate, life expectancy humam development ratio highest in India. The only state with the facilities of hospitals in every village.
* Kochi (cochin) which is the major port in kerela is also known as "queen of arabian sea". Kerala also known as celestial land i.e God's own country for its natural beauty and from centuries.
* Kerela is famous for its beaches such as Kovalam, varkala, vizhinjam, shankumukham-trivandrum and payyambalam - kannur. There are some hill stations like munnar and nelliyampathy and backwaters such as Alapuzha, kollam, veli, kochi, kumarakom etc. There are other wildlife parks, waterfalls and lakes.
* Kerala is the state with the many domesticated elephants. Elephants are used in the temple festivals.
* Kerela is famous for teak woods. It has the worlds largest teak trees. The teak plantations were started by britishers. The first Teak Museum in the world is situated in Nilambur, Kerala. This is the only one in india.
* There are 44 rivers in kerela.