* It is the land of the Kannadigas, Tuluvas, Konkanis and Kodavas. The capital and largest city is Bangalore. Karnataka borders Goa, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
* The word “Karnataka” is derived from the Kannada words “Karu” and “Nadu” which means “Elevated Land”. On 1st November 1956, Karnataka was created by the States Reorganization Act and named it as State of Mysore. In 1973, it was renamed to Karnataka.
* Karnataka attracts most tourists as there are many places to visit. Nandi Hills, Bull Temple, Cubbon Park, Jumma Masjid etc. are the popular ones.
* Along with Karanataka is the only state which has oldest Gold Mines in Kolar
* This state was ruled by different dynasties at different periods of time from Shatavahanas, Kadambas, Gangaas to Chalukyas, Hoysalas to Vijayanagar empire to Bahmani dynasties.
* Ganesh Chaturthi, Basava Jayanthi, Deepavali, Ramzan, Ugadi, etc. are some of the important festivals celebrated in Karnataka.
* The Chennai Express fame waterfall is Dudhsagar which is on the border of Goa and Karnataka
* Hampi (a UN World Heritage Site) belongs to this and has the most famous set of archaeological remnants