* The former state of Bihar was divided into a separate the present states on Bihar and Jharkhand. It came into existence on 15th November 2000. Jharkhand is surrounded by Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and West Bengal.
* Most of jharkhand is located on the elevated Chotanagpur plateau which is the reason for state's pleasant climate throughout the year.
* The word “Jharkhand” means “The Land of Forests / bushes”. In regional language meaning of “Jhar” is Gold. So it can also be said that the meaning of “Jharkhand” is “Piece of Gold”.
* At 1366 m Parasnath is the highest point in the state of Jharkhand.On the mountain top there is the Shikharji Jain temple, an important tirtha or Jain pilgrimage site.
* Damodar, a tributary of Ganga originating in Jharkhand.
* Jharkhand accounts for 40% of the mineral resources of India. ( iron ore (1st), coal(3rd), copper ore (1st), mica (1st), bauxite (3rd), Manganese, limestone, china clay, fire clay, graphite (8th), kainite (1st), chromite (2nd), thorium (3rd), sillimanite, uranium (Jaduguda mines, Narwa Pahar) (1st) and even gold (Rakha Mines) (6th) and silver and several other minerals.) Bokaro Steel city is home to largest steel plant in India
* Steel city of Jamshedpur is known as Pittsburgh of India is in jharkhand.