* Jammu & Kashmir is a state in India. Various regions of the state include jammu, kashmir, ladakh, Gilgit, Baltistan and Skardu.
* J&K has two capitals. Jammu and Kashmir is the only Indian state which has two capitals. Summer capital of J&K is Srinagar and winter capital is Jammu.
* With an area of 45,110 km sq., Leh is the second largest district in the country (after Kutch, Gujarat) in terms of area.
* Chenab Bridge is an under-construction rail bridge, located between Bakkal and Kauri in the Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), India. The 1,315m-long bridge is being built at a height of 359m. Once completed, it will be the tallest rail bridge in the world.
* Its Official languages are Kashmiri and Hindi. But there are several other languages which peoples of Jammu and Kashmir like to speak are Dogri, Urdu, English and Ladakhi.
* Mount K2 (Godwin Austin) is the highest peak in the J&K. This peak is 2nd highest in the world after Mount Everest. This peak is 8611 m compared to 8648 m of Everest.
* Siachen Glacier is 76km long glacier makin git longest in himalayan glacier.