* Haryana was not known as an Independent state from 1947, it was curved out from The Punjab. Haryana was come into existence on 1 November 1966.
* The word Haryana is derived from Hari (the Hindu god ) and ayana (home), meaning "the Abode of God".
* Even state of Haryana had been curved out from Punjab but on that time Chandigarh declared as the combined capital for both states; it still the combined capital of Haryana & Punjab. It is also the reason why High court of both states is entitled as Punjab & Haryana High Court exist in Chandigarh.
* Faridabad is the Largest city of Haryana.
* Haryana is India's largest manufacturer of passenger cars, two-wheelers, and tractors. Maruti Udyog Limited, India's largest automobiles manufacturer and Hero Honda the world's largest manufacturer of two-wheelers has their manufacturing units in Haryana.
* Several historic battles were fought on this land including the epic battle of mahabharat at kurukshetra and famous three war of panipat.
* Haryana contributed heavily towards the green revolution and made nation self-sufficient in food crop production in 1960s.
* There are four division in Haryana; Ambala, Gurgaon, Hisar and Rohtak. All districts of the state has been subdivided in these four divisions.
* The regional language of Haryana is Haryanvi
* The only river which flows through this state is Ghaggar river.
* Faridabad is the largest city by population.
* Haryana is first to have 100% rural electrification in india.
* Haryana is well connected on the road and railway networks. Haryana also connected with airways. Chandigarh, Hisar etc. has airports.
* The name Haryana is found mentioned in the 12th century AD by the apabhramsha writer Vibudh Shridhar. It is bordered by Punjab and Himachal Pradesh to the north, and by Rajasthan to the west and south.