* Goa is a very popular tourist destination in India.
* Goa was ruled by Portuguese for more than 4 centuries, until 1961, when Indian military began military operations resulting in takeover of Goa.
* Remains of St. Francis Xavier at Basilica of Bom Jesus in old Goa is 400 years old and are still in a non-decomposing state.
* Goa is the only state in India with active and imposed Uniform Civil code implemented by the Portuguese.
* Goa has a forest cover of 33% of total land mass, which is the highest forest cover for any state in India.
* The first printing press of Asia was installed at St. Paul’s college in Goa in 1956.
* Some oldest rocks in india are found in Goa located between Molem and Anmod. Known as Trondjemeitic Gneiss. They are 3,600 million years old.
* Goa is famous for two wheeler taxi commonly known as “Pilots”.
* The first medical school of India was established in Panaji, Goa in 1842. It is demolished in 2004.
* Goa is the richest state in India having a GDP per capita of two-and-a-half times that of the whole country.
* In total, there are about 7000 bars and almost all of them are licensed to serve alcohol.
* Asia’s only Naval Aviation Museum is at Goa
* The capital city of Goa is Panaji.
* There are two UNESCO World Heritage sites in Goa such as Basilica of Bom Jesus and Churches and remains of Old Goa. The mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier are in basilica. There are many Churches and convents in Old Goa.
* Football is very much popular sports in goa.