* Chattisgarh shares boundaries with 7 states. UP in North, Jharkhand in Northeast, Odisha in East, AP in South, Telangana in Southwest, Maharashtra in West and MP in Northwest. Its10th largest state in India. It was carved from Madhya Pradesh in NOVEMBER, 2000.
* Raipur is the capital of chattisgarh.
* India’s biggest waterfall is situated in Bastar, Chhattisgarh.
* Chattisgarh mainly represents the tribal culture. Not to forget Chhattisgarh Handicrafts the world famous bell metal handicrafts and terracotta items.
* First in the nation for coal production. First in tin production. Third in Iron-ore production. Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP) in Chhattisgarh set up in 1955 is first and main producer of steels. It produce more than 15% of steel in country.
* The state accounts for 70% of Tendu Leaves production. Tendu leaves are used to make Bidi.
* Economy is mainly driven by the Mineral Resources of the state.
* Mahanadi River is the major river of Chhattisgarh. Mahanadi and its tributary river plays a major role in rice cultivation.