* Arunachal Pradesh is the largest among the North-eastern states of india. Its larger than Assam. It is surrounded by Assam and Nagaland. It is the easternmost state of the country. The state shares international boundaries with Bhutan, Burma and China.
* Arunachal literary means “land of the dawn-lit mountains”. Sometimes it is also called as the “land of rising sun”. Dong valley in Arunachal witnesses the first sunrise in India.
* Itanagar is the capital city of the state Arunachal Pradesh.
* Arunachal Pradesh was earlier a Union Territory and it became an independent state on 20th February, 1987.
* The majority of the people of Arunachal Pradesh are of Tibeto-Burman origin. There are 26 major tribes, and more than 100 sub tribes in the state. The state is one of the linguistically richest state with more than 30 languages. Arunachal is one of the two states in India, where English alone is the official language. The other such state is Nagaland.
* The himalayan ranges that extends to Arunachal Pradesh are low mountain ranges compared to Greater Himalayan ranges.
* Losar, Dree, Solung and Reh are the major festivals in the State of Arunachal Pradesh.
* Arunachal has the lowest population density in India.
* India’s largest Buddhist monastery is in Tawang - commonly referred to as the Tawang monastery.
* Kangto is the highest peak in Arunachal Pradesh. The altitude of this peak is 7090 m and is shared with Tibet.