* Jwalamukhi temple is the shakthi peet where the tongue of Sati (Devi) fell. The temple is located in the town of Jwalamukhi, Kangra, Himachal Pradesh. Jwalaji, Kangra from Pathankot alight at Jwalamukhi Road Station from there 20 km. Jwalamukhi temple is located 34 kms from Kangra, Himachal Pradesh and about 53 kms from Dharamsala in the valley of Beas.
* Here Devi is worshipped as Ambika and Lord Shiva as Unmatta.
* Devi Jwalamukhi is also referred to as “Goddess of Light”.
* The nine flames burning here have been named after Goddesses as Maha Kali, Maa Annapurna, Maa Chandi, Maa Hinglaj, Vindhyavasini, Maha Lakshmi, Maha Saraswati, Maa Ambika and Anjana Devi, continuously burning naturally.
* The place has been visited by Emperor Akbar as well.